Digital Learning Cornwall has been providing hands-on CPD for primary school staff for a number of years, constantly searching for technology implementations that provide real value and true working purpose for schools. We operate within a group of 28 primaries and have provided CPD and guidance to numerous external settings. Children’s learning, practicalities and staff ease-of-use are always at the top of our agenda.
Our Journey With Educational Technology
- Deploying our strategy of single-sign on, child-friendly access for children across our group of 28 primaries. We continue to tailor this function for remote learning scenarios.
- Utilising working groups of staff to evaluate the impact of remote learning, including working with key pieces of software while examining uptake and results.
- Staff communicate and collaborate through established cloud services, with increased in-house online training.
- Having established solid starting points for our diverse range of parents to access learning, we now utilise a range of VLEs and related systems – including video and voice recordings for setting tasks and feedback, plus manipulating online products to motivate and engage.
- Evaluation of safeguarding concerns and implications for online learning practice continue to be paramount within our approach.
- We provide a diverse range of accessible webinars, free to sign up and attend, allowing MATs and schools to dip into our advice or develop a fuller relationship with us.
- We collate our own range of guidance materials, freely accessible for schools; this includes infographics, PDFs / slides from presentations; recorded video materials.